One of the advantages people gain from Facebook is to talk about what’s happening, and discover updated, relevant conversations about news that interests them. This is where Trending comes in as a great tool to explore stories from different sources.
Now, Facebook is launching Trending for mobile, so when users tap on a topic in their News Feed, they’ll see conversations organized in up to 5 different sections:
- Articles section – shows story covering from news organizations.
- Friends and Groups section – shows users what people in their network are saying.
- Near the Scene section – shows posts from people located near a story.
- In the Story section – shows posts from people who are part of the story.
- Live Feed section – shows a real-time stream of reactions from people around the world.
The new Trending for mobile experience will be available to US web and Android users for starters. Support for iOS and other countries will be available soon.